2014 was one of the fastest years on record for EasyCare and seemed like a blur. The EasyShoe launched, and travel to tradeshows and clinics in the USA, Europe, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and Dubai seemed to dominate our free time. Looking back at a crazy year, here are some things that stand out.
1. In February, EasyCare shared a booth with Polyflex Horse Shoes at the International Hoof Care Summit to launch the new EasyShoe product line. The show was a huge success and our booth was many times standing room only.
The International Hoof Care Summit video. The first clip in the video shows the EasyCare/PolyFlex Horseshoes booth.
2. The EasyShoe launch has exceeded our expectations. The entry into the flexible, synthetic horse shoe world has been an awesome journey and we have seen many horses helped by the product line. Horses have won on the flat track, in FEI 100 mile endurance races, in the dressage ring and have helped many laminitic horses.
Michele Moon and Highlight spring back to competition in the EasyShoe after many months of unsoundness.
3. Easyboots win the Tevis and Haggin Cups again in 2014. First Place, Second Place, Best Condition (The Haggin Cup) and 10 of the top 15 horses in finished Easyboots. The Tevis Cup is the most difficult 100 miles in the world and Easyboots continue to excel. Easyboots have now won the Tevis Cup each of the last four years.
Barrak Blakeley and MCM Last Dance win the 2014 Haggin Cup in Easyboots.
4. EasyCare recruits a gifted group of hoof care professionals for the first Easyboot Elite Team. The team will trim, prep and install EasyCare products for competitors in 2015. The goal of Easyboot Elite is to bring awareness to flexible, synthetic hoof protection options. We plan to announce the final team this week.
5. Several new exciting projects were started in 2014 and will launch in 2015. In 2015 EasyCare/Polyflex Horseshoes will launch a new podiatry line, the EasyShoe Slipper, a new comfort pad, the Easyboot Zip and The Easyboot Cloud to name a few. Adding new products and improving current product lines are our future and will continue to be our priority. Several images of products in the works can be seen below.
The “Bicking” base.
Prototype of a new custom sizing glue-on.
Possible base plate patterns.
The new Easyboot Zip.
Testing dual density sole options.
The Easyboot Cloud.
We are excited about the horses we were able to help in 2014 and look forward to more advancements in 2015. It looks like 2015 will be another blur and hoof care professionals will have more options for their clients in the new year. Thanks for helping make 2014 a great one.
President & CEO
I have been President and CEO of EasyCare since 1993. My first area of focus for the company is in product development, and my goal is to design the perfect hoof boot for the barefoot horse.