By Garrett Ford, President of EasyCare Inc.
The Glove Soft has been a challenge to keep in stock!
The Easyboot Glove Soft was added into the EasyCare line up of hoof boots in early 2018. It’s been selling very well and exceeding our forecasts. Several sizes have sold out and we are working hard to get more in stock for the busy summer months.
The Glove history goes back to 2009 with the launch of the Easyboot Glove. We’ve made a number of improvements over the years, and while people have been very happy with it, the rubber gaiter on the 2016 model makes it a bit more challenging to install. This feedback, along with other comments from our valued customers, resulted in the design and launch of the Glove Soft.
The Glove line has always been a favorite. You can see why in the video below. It shows the original Glove in action during a very difficult 50-mile race. Even in terrible, muddy conditions down slipper terrain, the boots stayed on with no problems. Notice the Glove’s low profile and snug fit that allows the horse to be the athlete it is. The horse went on to finish 1st and receive Best Condition. (If you watch the video to the end, you’ll notice I took a tumble, but kept on filming!)
Here’s a quick list of what we were trying to achieve with the Easyboot Glove Soft and the reasons horse owners like the boot so much.
1. The Easyboot Glove line is the closest fitting hoof boot line. It doesn’t add bulk and width to the hoof, allowing the horse to be athletic and nimble.
2. The ability to fold the gaiter back all the way. This achieves a very easy installation of the hoof boot. When the gaiter is folded backward it’s quick and easy to slip over a hoof and get a tight fit. The gaiter is then rotated up and fits around the pastern.
3. Wider hook and loop make for a better hold and closure. We have beefed up the hook and loop for a more secure fit. Now it’s 1.5 inches wide.
4. Longer straps allow the boot to fit more pastern circumferences. The overlap system and longer straps allow the gaiter to fit both large bone and finer bone pasterns.
5. The Glove Soft comes in both regular and wide sizes. The range has 20 different sizes to fit most horses.
We appreciate your feedback on the Glove line and are excited that the Easyboot Glove Soft is part of our 2018 product range. We are working hard to prevent back orders, so please be patient.
Enjoy your summer riding.