The Tevis Cup 100 Mile Endurance Ride started the sport of endurance racing and is still considered the toughest 100 mile horse race in the world. It’s the race where the toughest people in the sport go to test themselves, test their horses and test their gear.
Fitting Easyboots for the Tevis Cup.
EasyCare has a long history at the Tevis Cup where Dr. Neel Glass first finished the event in original Easyboots in 1975. Neel’s 1975 success was the start of hundreds of Tevis buckle awards earned in Easyboot urethane hoof boots. After more than 300 Easyboot Tevis Buckle finishes, it’s hard to keep an accurate count but the numbers compiled at one of Time Magazines “Top Ten Endurance Competitions” has been impressive.
1. Sandy Brown and the wonder mule “Ruby” won the Haggin Cup in 1998.
Sandy and the wonder mule “Ruby”
2. Heather Reynolds and Red won the Haggin Cup in Easyboots in 1999.
Dave Rabe and Christoph Schork were two of the 20 riders in 2009.
4. Garrett Ford and The Fury won the Haggin Cup in Easyboots in 2010. 25+ horses finished the 2010 event protected in Easyboots.
The Fury takes home the Haggin Cup in 2010.
5. Jeremy Reynolds and Marvel won the Tevis Cup in Easyboots in 2011. 32+ horses finished the 2011 event protected in Easyboots.
Jeremy Reynolds and Marvel take home both cups in 2011!
6. Jeremy Reynolds and Marvel won the Haggin Cup in Easyboots 2011.
EasyCare is expecting roughly 50 riders to make it to the start line in 2012 with Easyboots as the choice of hoof protection. EasyCare sends good energy to all horse and riders competing in the 2012 and we wish a safe and successful finish to all riders.
Results, photos and highlights of the 2012 event to follow. Wish us all luck.
President & CEO
I have been President and CEO of EasyCare since 1993. My first area of focus for the company is in product development, and my goal is to design the perfect hoof boot for the barefoot horse.