Celebrating its 61st anniversary this year, the Western States Trail Ride will take place on Saturday, July 23, 2016. As the official hoof boot of the event, Easyboot has enjoyed a long and successful presence at the world's most challenging 100-mile event. For the fifth year in a row, EasyCare will be providing gluing application services to all competitors who wish to benefit from the competitive advantage Easyboot products are known for.
Jenni Smith and Auli Farwa, on their way to a Haggin Cup win.
To build upon the success of past years' gluing activities, EasyCare has assembled a hand-picked team of the finest hoof boot gluing professionals in the country who will be on site at the Auburn Fairgrounds applying Easyboot Glue-Ons to more than one third of the competing horses in the 2016 event. The team is made up of Daisy Bicking, Josh Bowles, Jeremy Ortega, Deanna Stoppler, Pete Van Rossum and Derick Vaughn. Each of the hoof care professionals has been chosen based on their various successes and achievements in the hoof care world, and will be provided to the Tevis competitors at no cost. Scheduled to take place over two days at the fairgrounds in Auburn California, this hoof boot application will again set the highest standards in excellence for hoof protection application at the 61st anniversary edition of the Tevis Cup.
All competitors who wish to take advantage of the gluing team must make an appointment in advance. The 2015 gluing schedule is as follows:
- Wednesday, July 20, 2016 Auburn Fairgrounds 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM.
- Thursday, July 21, 2016 Auburn Fairgrounds 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
- Friday, July 22, 2016 No gluing.
Please note the following six items:
1. Location – unlike prior years, gluing will only take place at one location: the Gold Country Fairgrounds in Auburn, California. There will be no gluing services offered at Robie Park this year.
2. There will be no gluing services offered on Friday.
3. EasyCare will provide Easyboot Elite team members' gluing services at no cost. However, each rider is required to provide the boots and materials needed (new, unused and untouched Easyboot Glue-On shells; 1 tube of Adhere; 4 Adhere Tips; 1 tube of Sikaflex).
4. Please bring a horse that has been trimmed within the previous five days. Angles, toe length, heel height, etc. should all be pre-determined and implemented well in advance of your arrival in Auburn by you and your hoof care practitioner. The Easyboot Elite team will not be making any such changes as part of your gluing appointment. No shod horses will be accepted for appointments.
5. We request that all horses should have successfully completed at least one race in Easyboot Glue-Ons before attempting Tevis in Glue-Ons.
6. No gluing services will be offered unless an appointment has been booked in advance.
Members of the 2015 Easyboot Elite gluing team.
Easyboot Glue-Ons dominated Tevis again in 2015:
- The Haggin Cup (Best Condition) was won by Jenni Smith on Auli Farwa wearing Easyboots.
- Four of the top ten horses to finish were in Easyboots.
- Nine of the top 20 finishers were in Easyboots.
- Overall completion rate: 45%.
- Non-Easybooted completion rate: 42%.
- Easybooted completion rate: 55%.
- 22% of all starting horses were in Easyboots.
- 27% of all finishing horses were in Easyboots.
To book your Tevis 2016 gluing appointment, please call any of our Customer Service Representatives at 1-800-447-8836.
Director of Marketing
I am responsible for the marketing and branding of the EasyCare product line. I believe there is a great deal to be gained from the strategy of using booted protection for horses, no matter what the job you have for your horse.