1. Start by turning the bottom screws just a little until they are slightly loose. Test to see if you can move the heel insert in and out without the screws falling out.
2. Move the heel all the way back and try it on the hoof. Use a pen or pencil to mark where the back of the horse’s hoof lies on the boot. Take it off the hoof.
3. Move the heel piece forward to the place where it will fit snugly up to the horse’s heel, and then tighten up the screws on the bottom.
4. Try it on the hoof again to make sure it’s a good fit, and then Loctite the bottom screws one at a time to ensure they don’t fall out.
5. Let the Loctite dry, and then take them for a test ride!