I’ve had some difficult moments in my life but Kevin’s passing has ripped my heart out. Kevin had amazing friends and was loved by everyone he touched. It’s ironic that Kevin took his life because he didn’t want to go forward lonely.
Those close to Kevin have been through a bunch of emotions since Wednesday June 29th, 2016. Disbelief, sorrow, guilt, hours of tears, anger and numbness. I’ve had a very difficult time trying to accept his passing and know we will never be able to replace him. I could go into great detail about all our times together, travel, laughs, adventures and try to bring him back with memories. Rather than try I’ve made a personal challenge to to emulate his good qualities and work hard to make the world a better place. Kevin had so many amazing qualities but there are a couple that stand out that we should all work to echo.
1. Smile! Kevin had an amazing smile. A smile that would light up a room. A smile that made you feel comfortable. A smile that made him easy to approach. A smile that made you feel loved. I will smile more!
2. Sincere interest in others. Kevin had a sincere interest in others and had an amazing way of always making the conversation about the person he was speaking to and not himself. It was easy to like Kevin because he never boasted, spoke of himself and always made it about the person he was conversing with. I will become more interested in others.
3. Kevin had a sense of adventure and loved the outdoors. He loved to ride, run, ski, and do hand stands in the most amazing places. I will spend more time outdoors and bust out a hand stand!
4. Kevin had patience. Patience with people, patience with difficult situations and patience with animals. I will practice more patience.
5. Kevin was great listener. He was always there for his friends and was the shoulder we all leaned on. Could we have prevented this if his close circle was better listeners? I will listen more.
6. Kevin gave the best hugs and the best handshakes. Kevin would shake your hand and and look you in the eye in a way that built trust and comfort. His hugs were strong and passionate. I will give better hugs and better handshakes.
7. Kevin was generous. Kevin gave way more in life than he received. I’m a generous person but can give more, I will give more.
8. Kevin was a hard worker. I’ve had the opportunity to work with and learn from many people in my young life. Kevin and I worked shoulder to shoulder for 6 years and we complemented each other in many ways. One of the things I’m most grateful to Kevin for is the opportunity to be a better father. Kevin’s hard work cleared my plate and allowed me more time with Alyxx. I’m forever grateful.
Kevin was loved by everyone and leaves a massive hole that will never be filled. I hope you have found peace my friend.
President & CEO
I have been President and CEO of EasyCare since 1993. My first area of focus for the company is in product development, and my goal is to design the perfect hoof boot for the barefoot horse.