EasyCare has a new horseshoe on the way! The EasyShoe Versa Grip Octo is a urethane horseshoe with eight integrated finger tabs (eight tabs – thus the “Octo” name). That’s right, no welding is required! Receive your shoes and you are ready to glue. Just like the Versa Grip Light with 11 Finger Tabs, the Versa Grip Octo will be applied with EasyShoe Quick Set Super Glue. The application process is simple and only takes 10 minutes to dry. Better yet, Super Glue is affordable and holds strong for a full trim cycle.
To help spread the word about our newest EasyShoe, EasyCare is seeking 60 contestants to test the new design by participating in an application contest.
If you are interested in winning a free pair of the EasyShoe Versa Grip Octo, please fill out this contest entry form by midnight (MDT) on Sunday, October 30th, 2022.
EasyCare will review all of the entry forms and select 60 contestants to receive a free pair of the new EasyShoe Versa Grip Octo. Contestants will be able to select from sizes 122, 126, and 130. Glue and application materials not included. In exchange, each contestant will need to submit 6 photos of their application, a short 90-second video, and written feedback on the application experience.
EasyCare will review each submission and select three winners based on three different categories:
– Best Application (Looking for a neat, clean, correct application of the shoe)
– Most Creative Application (Freedom to add dye, paint, glitter, words, etc.)
– Best In-Action Application (Looking for photos and video that demonstrates the shoe in action, preferably under saddle)
The winner of each category will receive $500.00 and the runner-up of each category will receive $250.00!
EasyShoe Versa Grip Octo Application Instructions
The Versa Grip Octo is very simple to apply. The application will be similar to applying the Versa Grip Light with 11 Finger Tabs. Here is what has worked well for us during the testing process.
1. Clean and prep the hoof well. After trimming, rough the outer wall with a Buffy or rasp. We believe a Hoof Buffy with 60 grit paper is the best tool for the job. Use a torch to dry the hoof and then wire brush it clean. We recommend torching and wire brushing three times.
2. Fit the EasyShoe Versa Grip Octo to the hoof. You will want a tight fit so the shoe stays in place if the horse moves during the application process.
3. While the horse is standing, cover the inside of each tab with a thin layer of EasyShoe Super Glue. Make sure all portions of the rubber are covered and wet with Super Glue. No need to go too thick, but cover all portions of rubber to the point that they look wet.
4. With the hoof on the ground or picked up, use Plastic Wrap to pull all tabs flat and tight against the hoof wall. When the hoof is covered in Plastic Wrap, place it back on the ground.
7. Trace the edges of each tab with Super Glue to help seal all the edges.
8. Give your horse an hour to rest and the glue time to set. After an hour, you’ll be ready to ride or turn the horse out in a pasture.
Removal of the tabs is easy. If your horse will stand for it, a vibration cutter works very well. For the more sensitive horses, a hoof knife is also a great solution.
We have had a lot of interest in the Versa Grip Octo so far. We’re excited for you to try it! Don’t miss this opportunity to be one of the first people to try it out. Fill out the entry form by October 30th for a chance to win!