The Adhere Lock makes hoof boot installation with Goober Glue easier!
Goober Glue is one of the adhesives that is working well to secure Easyboot Glue-Ons to the bare hoof. The thing that sets Goober Glue apart from many other options is that it has great cushioning and elasticity characteristics. It’s also easier to remove from the inside of a boot when you get ready to reapply the boot shell for a second or third use.
Although Goober Glue is an incredible product it does take longer to setup than Vettec Adhere or Vettec Soleguard. The longer setup time of the Goober Glue requires the horse to stand still for at least 30 to 60 minutes depending on temperature and humidity. 30 to 60 minutes is a long time and it can be difficult to have good Goober Glue results on horses that are fidgety.
We have been experimenting with a new technique that allows you to apply an Easyboot Glue-On with Goober Glue in 60 to 90 seconds. The process is the best for those fidgety horses. The horse can then be turned out immediately and the Goober Glue can take the time to set up without the boot twisting.
The process is pretty simple. We call it the Adhere Lock.
1. Apply Goober Glue in the Easyboot Glue-On shell.
2. Leave a two-inch strip on both sides of the shell at the quarters. Do not apply Goober Glue in this two-inch area.
3. Apply Vettec Adhere in the two inch strip.
4. Apply the Easyboot Glue-On shell to the hoof.
5. Make the horse stands still for 90 seconds and the process is complete. The boot is locked in place.
President & CEO
I have been President and CEO of EasyCare since 1993. My first area of focus for the company is in product development, and my goal is to design the perfect hoof boot for the barefoot horse.