By EasyCare Product Specialist, Jean Welch
An EasyCare Comfort Pad is a great way to provide added comfort, support and protection for your horse. It comes in a one size fits all, and is a quick trace and trim in most cases. But if you don’t have a template, try this handy tip that I picked up from Chris Mason at a Hoof Care Conference in the beautiful state of Washington. Not only does it make it simple to custom fit your Comfort Pad, but it also prevents any waste. There’s a very good chance you’ll be able to squeeze more than one pad out of just one Comfort Pad!
Comfort Pad Installation
1. Get some tin foil that’s about two times the size of the outer sole. In this example, I’m using a Size 1 Easyboot Glove.
2. Fold it in half to make it stronger.
3. Insert it into the boot, and scrunch the edges of the foil up against the inside of the boot.
4. Carefully remove the foil from boot, and voilà, you have a perfect template of the boot’s inside foot bed.
5. Lay out your pad and trace your foil template.
6. Use heavy duty shears to cut the pads out. Remember to keep your cut to the INSIDE of the line.
Save the scraps and you can even make your own frog supports as well.