2015 was another banner year at the EasyCare stable. Frankly, it’s hard not to see results when the company you work for is led by a team of individuals inspired by innovation and perseverance. The 45th anniversary year of EasyCare saw the launch of six new products; some impressive results out on the trail and in the arena; prestigious invitations to international events; as well as some unique and valuable community engagement activities never before seen.
1. In February 2015, EasyCare and Polyflex returned to the International Hoof Care Summit in Cincinnati – the nations largest and most reputed annual gathering of hoof care professionals from across the world. Determined to steal the show yet again, we launched the first-of-its-kind gluing contest to help contestants show their peers they could glue better than anyone. The results were impressive: the booth was standing room only for the duration of the trade show, even with two contestants gluing side by side for two days. There are some talented hoof care professionals out there. There will be a repeat contest in 2016 at the event, but there will be a special twist.
The 2015 ad for the inaugural EasyCare/No Anvil Gluing Contest.
2. In May 2015, we launched the Easyboot Cloud. Designed as a therapy boot for horses dealing with chronic lower limb pain, this boot is part Easyboot Rx and part Easyboot Transition. Each boot is sold with a replaceable integrated closed cell EVA pad that is the talk of equine veterinarians across the world. It has also proven to be very popular with the show circuit for horse owners who want to give their equine additional comfort during trailering and stalling on hard surfaces at events. Sharin Hall uses the Easyboot Cloud and loves them.
Founder, laminitis, navicular, trailering, stalling on hard surfaces? Think about Clouds.
3. In June 2015, we launched updated and improved versions of two of our best-selling boots: the New Mac and the new Easyboot Trail. The New Mac is one of the most favored boots in our European market, so we were eager to bring new technology to Europe’s favorite boot for the first time in more than six years. The result is a more durable boot that maintains the design elements that make the boot so successful. The new Easyboot Trail is built on the same chassis as the New Mac, and is now stronger and more dependable than ever.
The New Mac. Dependable and finally apostrophe-free.
4. In June, we introduced the Easyboot Zip and EasyCare Therapy Click System. Designed as a boot to keep the hoof clean when prepping for glue, the Zip is easy to apply and remove. The Zip’s features include breathable nylon material; hook and loop straps to keep the boot in place; a leather pad to absorb moisture; and good traction on the bottom of the boot. The EasyCare Therapy Click System snaps on to most of EasyCare’s popular boot models, giving an owner, veterinarian or hoof care professional the versatility of using whichever boot is most comfortable to the horse, while offering the right therapeutic angle or break-over for their recovery process. They simply snap into place and are secured with four screws.
5. In August, the first annual Easyboot Elite team met in Auburn, California. Six individuals were chosen from more than 100 applicants from across the world. Together, they took on the challenge of applying Easyboot Glue-Ons to more than 50 horses entered in the 2015 Western States Trail Ride, aka the Tevis Cup. The results were impressive:
Tevis 2015 Statistics
- The Haggin Cup (Best Condition) was won by Jenni Smith on Auli Farwa wearing Easyboots.
- Four of the top ten horses to finish were in Easyboots.
- Nine of the top 20 finishers were in Easyboots.
- Overall completion rate: 45%.
- Non-Easybooted completion rate: 42%.
- Easybooted completion rate: 55%.
- 22% of all starting horses were in Easyboots.
- 27% of all finishing horses were in Easyboots.
Jenni Smith and Auli Farwa on their way to receiving the Haggin Cup.
6. In October 2015, we introduced the last pair of aluminum stirrups you will ever buy: the E-Z Ride Ultimate Stirrups. Available in all-aluminum, or an aluminum/EBS plastic combination, the integrated top bar system allows for three sizes of fenders and stirrup leathers without needing additional parts or accessories. The new EVA foam pad cushions the ride and the patented dimple design keeps the rider’s foot firmly in place, no matter what the riding activity or the rider’s footwear.
7. In November 2015, one of the EasyCare stable horses was invited to compete at the Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan Jewel Crown at the Abu Dhabi Equestrian Club. Rich’s invitation to race on the biggest stage in Arabian racing and the chance at the 1.2 million euro purse was the highlight of his young career and also a huge milestone for the EasyShoe Compete.
RB Rich before the Arabian Crown Jewel in Abu Dhabi.
We are proud of the advancements we made in 2015 and look forward to breaking new ground in 2016. Thanks for helping make 2015 another great one.
Director of Marketing
I am responsible for the marketing and branding of the EasyCare product line. I believe there is a great deal to be gained from the strategy of using booted protection for horses, no matter what the job you have for your horse.