This week we wanted to feature the Easyboot Back Country. This hoof boot debuted in 2016 after some upgrades were made to the previous version, the Easyboot Glove Back Country.
- The Easyboot Back Country is a good intermediate riding boot because it can handle longer or more aggressive riding than some of EasyCare’s other hoof boot styles.
- Since it is built on the same shell as the Easyboot Glue-On, the Easyboot Back Country has the same great tread and can accommodate studs for better traction.
- The design comes in both wide and standard sizes so it can better fit both round and oval-shaped hooves.
- It can be used as a riding boot or for therapy purposes in turnout.
- It can accommodate a comfort pad.
- All parts of the boot are replaceable.
- The rear snug strap can removed and reversed to designate a right and left boot.
Most importantly, when choosing an appropriate size Easyboot Back Country for your horse, we recommend sizing up at least a half size from where your horse’s measurements fall on the size chart. In some cases, a full size may be necessary if the measurements are at the high end of the range. This makes the boot easier to apply, and grants a little wiggle room to accommodate a longer trim cycle, roughly 6-7 weeks. This boot can also accommodate various hoof conditions and pathologies that may not be compatible with other styles.