If you are not familiar with the Australian Brumby Research Unit and what it means to natural hoof care now is your chance to hear all about it. This project is a part of the Australian Equine Laminitis Research Unit and headed by world renowned equine foot researcher, Professor Chris Pollitt BVSc PhD and coordinated by his PhD student Brian Hampson. The Unit was established with the aim of investigating the feral horse and applying research to improve the foot health of the domestic horse .
In an effort to increase awareness and share information, Brian Hampson will be in Los Angeles on August 14th to discuss their research and findings. This is a fantastic opportunity for professionals and horse owners alike. All are welcome!
I will also be on hand with a full display of EasyCare’s protective horse boots and natural horse care products. Come join the fun, I’d love to answer your questions and discuss your specific booting needs.
Brumby Horse Seminar
By Brian Hampson
School of Veterinary Science
The University of Queensland
Sponsored by Pacific Hoof Care Practitioners
- Wild horses worldwide
- Background on brumbies in Australia
- Domestic and wild horse movement through GPS studies
- The brumby foot- morphology and radiography
- The brumby footprint though pressure plate loading studies
- Foot pathology in feral horses
- Sole depth and its relation to weight bearing
- Brumby nutrition in wilderness environments
- Hoof moisture content in wet and dry habitats
- The effect of environment on horses feet
- Hoof wall architecture- the lamellae and outer hoof wall
- What it all means for equine husbandry and foot care
$100 includes lunch ($75 for PHCP members)
$10.00 additional fee after August 1st
optional dinner with Brian Hampson to follow
$40 per person
Reservations and Payment can be made at http://www.pacifichoofcare.org/brianhampsonclinic.html
Vet Dealer & Hoof Care Practitioner Accounts
I manage the hoof care practitioner and veterinarian dealer accounts at EasyCare. An integral part of my job is to stay current in all areas of barefoot hoof care, which enables me to serve this vital group of EasyCare dealers at the next level.