I am a little embarrassed to admit this, but I was a huge Clash of the Titans fan when I was younger. Since then, the early 80’s, I never gave much more thought to Pegasus until I had to come up with an idea for this blog. Then it hit me, Pegasus would have been an awful endurance horse. I discuss the reasons below.
Endurance has always been a great testing arena for hoof boots and EasyCare. The distance, weather conditions, terrain and partnership between horse and ride provide the ultimate test of our boots. EasyCare hoof boots are designed to handle all these conditions and more. Although many of our customers may never test their horses or hoof boots to this extent, we feel it is necessary to our mission of making the best boots in the business.
Now, back to Pegasus. Sure, he looks fit and ready to go but lets take a look at why he would fail in endurance:
- Wing placement is not ergonomic and possibly dangerous for the rider.
- Pegasus needed a golden bridle, not cost effective in any economy.
- Bellerophon was the only person who could ride Pegasus and I couldn’t find any ride results on the AERC website for him.
- Trailering Pegasus would be a nightmare.
- Pegasus never wore EasyCare boots.
Director of Sales
As the director of sales, I am responsible for identifying new dealer opportunities and building on existing relationships to foster ideas and create additional growth.