Jennifer Waitte and Jenni Smith arrive at the Foresthill vet check. Photo by Merri Melde.
161 riders started the most famous endurance ride in the world at 5:15 AM at Robie Park, a few miles east of Lake Tahoe. High heat and record humidity took its toll on competitors as the day drew on, with a higher rate of non-finishers that usual. Easybooted horses outran the odds again.
Tevis 2013 Statistics
- The 2013 Tevis Cup (first place) was won by Rusty Toth and Quake in 14h57.
- This is the third year in a row for the first place Tevis horse to be wearing Easyboots.
- 21% of the starting horses were in Easyboots.
- The first six horses horses to finish were in Easyboots.
- Seven of the top ten finishers were in Easyboots.
- Eleven of the top twenty finishers were in Easyboots.
- 25% of all finishing horses were in Easyboots.
- Easybooted horses enjoyed a 56% completion rate, compared to a 44% non-Easyboot completion rate.
- Overall completion rate (all horses): 47%.
- The last three finishing horses were in Easyboots.
Rusty Toth and Take a Break (Quake) receiving the 2013 Tevis Cup first place award. Photo by Lynne Glazer.
Director of Marketing
I am responsible for the marketing and branding of the EasyCare product line. I believe there is a great deal to be gained from the strategy of using booted protection for horses, no matter what the job you have for your equine partner.