It's easy to make a car when you have the opportunity to copy a car that has already been built. EasyCare was the first company to manufacture a hoof boot in 1970 and we have been going strong for 48 years now. Many of our designs have been used and studied by other hoof boot manufacturers to make their hoof boot solutions. Boots continue to evolve and competition gets you up in the morning.
So what is next in the EasyCare hoof boot line? It's difficult to find a performance hoof boot on the market that fits every hoof. We have been working hard on a new boot style that has the ability to adjust in length, heel height and accepts several different gaiter/securing options. The goal is to give horse owners more options under one chassis. We have a great concept in the works that is testing very well.
1. Glue-on option with different heel cushion densities.
2. A pivoting gaiter option similar to the Easyboot Glove but with a pivoting gaiter. Gaiter can also be adjusted for different length feet.
3. We have a heel lock version that adjusts in heel length and heel height. Elongate for a longer foot, shorten for rounder hoof.
4. We have a version that locks down the heel but is adjustable in heel length and height.
5. All versions will be interchangeable. What works on one horse may not work on another. This concept provides many options and many adjustments in each version.
We currently have 4 sizes in testing. Still in the prototype and patent phase but working hard to add to the EasyCare line during 2018. I'm excited about this one!
The EasyShoe Flex is almost here. The Flex is in production and will be the next product in the EasyShoe product line. We ended up with several different options in the flexible, urethane shoe. Check out the video of Curtis Burns and I discussing the EasyShoe Flex and what makes the product unique.
Here is what you can expect in the EasyShoe Flex line.
1. Open Heel, Toe Clip and Side Clip patterns.
2. Heart Bar, Toe Clip and Side Clip patterns.
3. Full Heart Bar, Toe Clip and Side Clip patterns.
4. Flex Light: Heart Bar, no metal inside.
Excited about these products and working hard to get them to our dealers and customers.
I have been President of EasyCare since 1993. My first area of focus for the company is in product development, and my goal is to design the perfect hoof boot for the barefoot horse.