The 59th running of the 100-mile Western States Endurance Ride, aka the Tevis Cup, took place on Saturday, August 9, 2014. It was the biggest field of entries in many years, and the largest representation of Easyboot products ever to be seen at the event.
Barrak Blakely and his family at the presentation of the Haggin Cup award. Photo by Lynne Glazer.
186 horse and rider teams started the event at 5:15 AM at Robie Park, just a few miles from North Lake Tahoe. Weather conditions were perfect, and the completion rate was the highest ever.
Tevis 2014 Statistics
- The 2014 Tevis Cup (first place) was won in Easyboot Glue-Ons by Heather Reynolds and Hadeia in 14h17.
- This is the fourth year in a row for the first place Tevis horse to be wearing Easyboots.
- The Haggin Cup (Best Condition) was won by Barrak Blakely on MCM Last Dance.
- At 15, Barrak is the youngest rider to win the Haggin Cup. At 17, his horse is the oldest horse to win Haggin Cup.
- Five of the top ten horses to finish were in Easyboots.
- Ten of the top 15 finishers were in Easyboots.
- 25% of all finishing horses were in Easyboots.
Heather Reynolds and Hadeia accept the Tevis Cup. Photo by Lynne Glazer.
Director of Marketing
I am responsible for the marketing and branding of the EasyCare product line. I believe there is a great deal to be gained from the strategy of using booted protection for horses, no matter what the job you have for your equine partner.