Celebrating its 60th anniversary this year, the Western States Trail Ride promises to be a landmark event befitting Diamond Anniversary status. EasyCare has a long and successful history at the worlds most challenging 100-mile event. For the fifth year in a row, EasyCare enjoys prestige status as the official hoof boot of the event, and will be providing gluing application services to all competitors who wish to benefit from the competitive advantage Easyboot products are known for.
Heather Reynolds and Hadeia riding through the town of Foresthill, California, on their way to a first place finish.
To build upon the success of past years' gluing activities, EasyCare has assembled a hand-picked team of the finest hoof boot gluing professionals in the country who will be on site at the Auburn Fairgrounds applying Easyboot Glue-Ons to more than one third of the competing horses in the 2015 event. The team is made up of Curtis Burns, Ashley Gasky, Jeremy Ortega, Deanna Stoppler, Pete Van Rossum and Derick Vaughn. Each of the hoof care professionals has been chosen based on their various successes and achievements in the hoof care world, and will be provided to the Tevis competitors at no cost. Scheduled to take place over two days at the fairgrounds in Auburn California, this hoof boot application will set new standards in excellence for hoof protection application at the 60th anniversary edition of the Tevis Cup.
Hoof care practitioners Curtis Burns and Ashley Gasky - two members of the 2015 EasyCare Elite gluing team for Tevis.
All competitors who wish to take advantage of the gluing team must make an appointment in advance. The 2015 gluing schedule is as follows:
Wednesday, July 29, 2015
Auburn Fairgrounds 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM.
Thursday, July 30, 2015
Auburn Fairgrounds 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
Friday, July 31, 2015
Please note the following six items:
- Location - unlike prior years, gluing will only take place at one location: the Gold Country Fairgrounds in Auburn, California. There will be no gluing services offered at Robie Park this year.
- There will be no gluing services offered on Friday.
- EasyCare will provide Easyboot Elite team members' gluing services at no cost. However, each rider is required to provide the boots and materials needed (new, unused and untouched Easyboot Glue-On shells; 1 tube of Adhere; 4 Adhere Tips; 1 tube of Sikaflex).
- Please bring a horse that has been trimmed within the previous five days. Angles, toe length, heel height, etc. should all be pre-determined and implemented well in advance of your arrival in Auburn by you and your hoof care practitioner. The Easyboot Elite team will not be making any such changes as part of your gluing appointment. No shod horses will be accepted for appointments.
- We request that all horses should have successfully completed at least one race in Easyboot Glue-Ons before attempting Tevis in Glue-Ons.
- No gluing services will be offered unless an appointment has been booked in advance.
Easyboot Glue-Ons dominated Tevis again in 2014:
- The 2014 Tevis Cup (first place) was won in Easyboot Glue-Ons by Heather Reynolds and Hadeia in 14h17.
- This is the fourth year in a row for the first place Tevis horse to be wearing Easyboots.
- The Haggin Cup (Best Condition) was won by Barrak Blakely on MCM Last Dance.
- At 15, Barrak is the youngest rider to win the Haggin Cup. At 17, his horse is the oldest horse to win Haggin Cup.
- Five of the top ten horses to finish were in Easyboots.
- Ten of the top 15 finishers were in Easyboots.
- 25% of all finishing horses were in Easyboots.
To book your Tevis 2015 gluing appointment, please call any of our Customer Service Representatives at 1-800-447-8836.
Director of Marketing
I am responsible for the marketing and branding of the EasyCare product line. I believe there is a great deal to be gained from the strategy of using booted protection for horses, no matter what the job you have for your equine partner.