Easyboot is the Official Hoof Boot of Tevis 2012 and we'll have plenty of representation at the Western States 100-mile ride again this year.
If you're riding Tevis and you would like gluing or boot fitting support from an EasyCare representative, our gluing schedule for ride week is listed below. Easyboot Glue-Ons gave a good showing at Tevis in 2011:
- First place (Tevis Cup) and Haggin Cup horse.
- 8 of the top 20 horses (40%) wore Easyboot Glue-Ons.
- Easyboot Glue-On horse completion rate: 76% compared to 70% for the ride overall. 37 horses in Easyboot Glue-Ons started the event; 28 completed.
- Non-Easyboot completion rate: 68%. 139 horses started the ride with non-Easyboot hoof protection; 95 horses completed.
To book an appointment, please call any of our Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) at 1-800-447-8836.
Please note the following five items:
- Location - there are two different locations, depending on the day. When setting up your appointment, please be sure clarify the location with the CSR.
- There will be no gluing whatsoever on Friday since it is too close to the race day, and the risk of losing boots increases significantly.
- EasyCare representatives will provide the gluing services at no cost. However, each rider is required to provide the boots and materials needed (unused Easyboot Glue-On shells; 1 tube of Adhere; Adhere Tips; 1 tube of Goober Glue)
- Please bring a horse that has been trimmed within the previous five days. Any horses that need a trim will be subject to trimming fees assessed by a professional hoof care practitioner.
- All riders should have successfully completed at least one race in Easyboot Glue-Ons before attempting Tevis in Glue-Ons.
Garrett Ford, Pascale Soumoy, Christoph Schork, Tonya Durden, Rusty Toth & Christina Kramlich-Bowie at Gold Country Fairgrounds in Auburn during the gluing process in 2011.
Tevis 2012 Gluing Schedule
Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Auburn Fairgrounds 1 PM - 3 PM
Wednesday, August, 1 2012
Auburn Fairgrounds 12 PM - 3 PM
Thursday, August 2, 2012
Robie Park 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Friday, August 3, 2012
Keep up the bootlegging!
Director of Marketing
I am responsible for the marketing and branding of the EasyCare product line. I believe there is a great deal to be gained from the strategy of using booted protection for horses, no matter what the job you have for your equine partner.