Garrett Ford enjoying some of the snow in the Sierras two days before the event.
Last-minute revisions to the course had the ride starting and ending at the fairgrounds in Auburn, cutting out the high country sections altogether.
The wet weather caused us to rethink our gluing protocol for the riders who had requested assistance. We took some additional precautions in the three days of gluing during the week before the event (more about that next week).
Garrett Ford, Pascale Soumoy, Christoph Schork, Tonya Durden, Rusty Toth & Christina Kramlich-Bowie vat Gold Country Fairgrounds in Auburn during the gluing process.
We're proud to declare that Tevis 2011 was a resounding success. here's why:
Easyboot Glue-Ons at Tevis 2011
- First place (Tevis Cup) and Haggin Cup horse.
- 8 of the top 20 horses (40%) wore Easyboot Glue-Ons.
- Easyboot Glue-On horse completion rate: 76% compared to 70% for the ride overall. 37 horses in Easyboot Glue-Ons started the event; 28 completed.
- Competitor boot completion rate: 60%. 5 horses started the event in competitior boots; 3 completed.
- Non-Easyboot completion rate: 68%. 139 horses started the ride with non-Easyboot hoof protection; 95 horses completed.
Rusty Toth and me crossing the finish line in Auburn.
Saluting the 2011 Easyboot Tevis 100-Mile Completions
1. Jeremy Reynolds (Haggin Cup)
3. Dennis Summers
14. Kevin Myers
15. Rusty Toth
16. Jenni Smith
18. Jennifer Nice
19. Kevin Waters
27. Susan Summers
29. Andy Bown
34. Heather Reynolds
35. Mohammed Ali Al Abbar
45. Pascale Soumoy
47. Mohammed Al Shafar
48. Christoph Schork
49. Janet Worts
62. Christina Kramlich-Bowie
65. Bill Hobbs
68. Kadee Felton
70. Debbie Boscoe
76. Sultan Bin Sulayem
77. Christina Long
97. Lourme Melanie
102. Jas Shearer-McMahon
117. Charles Cowan
118. Theresa Kays-Tillotson
120. Diana Hiiesalu-Bain
122. Alecia Brown
Next week: summarising the additional precautions we took for the gluing process, and detailed statistics on boot losses.
Director of Marketing
I am responsible for the marketing and branding of the EasyCare product line. I believe there is a great deal to be gained from the strategy of using booted protection for horses, no matter what the job you have for your equine partner.