If you are in you are in California here is another chance to catch a Between The Twines Nutrition Clinic with Sally Hugg. This nutrition Clinic is everything you wanted to know but didn't know who to ask! There is still time to get in: professionals and horse owners are welcome.
The clinic will be taught by Sally Hugg – Pacific Hoof Care Practitioners practitioner, mentor, clinician and EasyCare dealer.
Date: Monday 17th January 2011
Time: The clinic runs from 9:00 – 3:00. Please arrive a little early so we can get started on time.
Location: The clinic will be held at Red Rose Ranch in Inyokern, Ca and is hosted by Hoof care practitioner and EasyCare dealer John Saint Ryan and his lovely wife Joyce.
- Basic equine digestion and how it works
- Slow feeding for a healthy digestive system and a happier horse
- Nutrition 101 for horses: protein, fats, carbohydrates, minerals, and vitamins
- Using the NRC “Nutrient Requirements of Horses” guidelines
- Understanding hay and the nutrition it provides – it’s not just roughage
- How to test hay or get information about the hay in your area
- Understanding insulin resistance – is your horse at risk?
- Weights, measures, and math – it’s easy!
- Formulating a ration that’s simple and cost effective
- Feeding for hoof health
- How to decipher a feed tag and supplement label
- Smart shopping – getting the best deals for your money
A ten-page handout, including a list of resources, will be provided. Participants are encouraged to bring feed and supplement labels from any products they are using. Participants are asked to bring a chair, calculator, pencil, and notebook.
Sally and John are both are EasyCare dealers, specializing in barefoot trimming, protective horse boots and natural horse products. Sally is also the developer of California Trace which has become quite popular with many natural hoof trimming professionals and their clients. This clinic is a part of the Pacific Hoof Care Practitioners curriculum. To see a list of other upcoming clinics and events visit their website. To keep up on all the latest happenings don't forget to visit EasyCare's events page.
Do you have an upcoming clinic or event you would like us to share? Let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Vet Dealer & Hoof Care Practitioner Accounts
I manage the hoof care practitioner and veterinarian dealer accounts at EasyCare. An integral part of my job is to stay current in all areas of barefoot hoof care, which enables me to serve this vital group of EasyCare dealers at the next level.